Mac Fix+:Worth the Hype and DIY setting spray
|Mac Fix+ buy here|
I feel like I'm a little late on the Mac Fix+ craziness,but you know what they say,better late than never.!!I know that there are a lot of fixing/setting sprays or primer sprays,but I believe that Fix+ was the one that made all the others to follow(correct me if I'm wrong).So I bought the Fix+ a few months back and I use it for various reasons.
- On my kabuki brush to blend foundation/concealer,if I won't use my sponge.
- To set my powders,not to look cakey(after that I apply my mascara because I've learnt from my mistakes-lower lashes-).
- I spray my brush before I apply my highlighter and/or an eyeshadow that I want to make it more pigmented and make it pop.
- Sometimes I spray it before to feel more moisture on my skin,but I feel like it stays on the surface.
But let me get to the point is it worth the hype?
No I don't think it's worth it,because for one you can easily make your own setting spray,because I won't give again((12E/$13),I bought it on sales,it costs(17E/$19)),for something that it's not really special and by putting it on I don't see a difference.I can't speak for all the setting sprays out there,because it's the only one that I've tried,so it's not my overall opinion about setting sprays,it's only about Fix+.If you've found the perfect or almost perfect setting spray,please let me know.For now I have Fix+,but when it'll finish I will make my own DYI setting spray,recipe below.
What the official site of Mac says about Fix+.:
A light water mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals,infused with a blend of green tea,chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin.Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup.
Key Claims and Benefits:
- Soothes and Refreshes Skin
- Dermatologist tested
- Ophtmalmologist tested
- Hold bottle 12 inches away from face and spray evenly.
- Use alone or to finish makeup.
DIY Setting Spray
- Fill spray bottle 1/10 of the way with glycerin.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Put cap on and turn bottle upside down.
- Shake up bottle.
- Spray lighty on face from an arm's length away.
Another option is to put Rosewater in a spray bottle,(read previous post).